Jan G. Vonk Endowed Scholarship
Established in memory of long-time Professor of Graphic Design, Jan G. Vonk, by his wife, Katherine, this award provides support for students at the sophomore level and higher that are enrolled in the graphic design major at KCAD.
• Applicants will be an undergraduate student at the sophomore level or higher enrolled in the KCAD graphic design major.
• Applicants will be enrolled full-time during the semester or aid year in which they receive the award. Students in their final semester of study may are eligible to receive the award with an enrollment status of half-time or greater.
• Applicants will demonstrate a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00 at the time of application.
• Though the award is not automatically renewed, recipients may reapply annually if they continue to meet required application criteria.
• First preference will be given to applicants demonstrating financial need as determined by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. Consideration for need-based awards requires the completion of a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to personal integrity, dedication to the field of graphic design, and a willingness to give back to the community through the submission of a 250 to 500-word essay.